Released: NSX-v 6.3.6
Last week VMware released NSX-v 6.3.6 (Build 8085122) that doesn’t contain any new features but addresses a number of bug fixes from previous releases. This has been done independently of any updated release of NSX-v 6.4.0 that went GA in January.
This is good to see though interesting to also see that people are still not upgrading to 6.4.0 in droves meaning VMware needs to support both versions. Going through the release notes there are a lot of known issues that should be known and there are more than a few that apply to service providers.
Some key fixes are listed below:
Important Fixes :
- Network outage of ~40-50 seconds seen on Edge Upgrade – During Edge upgrade, there is an outage of approximately 40-50 seconds
- After upgrading to 6.3.5, the routing loop between DLR and ESG’s causes connectivity issues in certain BGP configurations – A routing loop is causing a connectivity issue
- NSX Manager CPU high due to edge in read-only file system mode – NSX Manager is slow to respond because it keeps 100% CPU and receives a lot of read-only file system events from edge.
- After upgrade from vCNS edge 5.5.4 to NSX 6.3.6, customers could not configure Health-Check-Monitor port nor make any changes directly from vCD – Customers will not be able to configure Health-Check-Monitor port nor make any changes directly from vCD.
- Distributed Firewall stays in Publishing state with certain firewall configurations – Distributed Firewall stays in “Publishing” state if you have a security group that contains an IPSet with 0.0.0.0/0 as an EXCLUDE member, an INCLUDE member, or as a part of ‘dynamic membership containing Intersection (AND)’
Those with the correct entitlements can download NSX-v 6.3.6 here.