Rubrik – Converged Data Management 2.0 Announcement
Rubrik is a company a lot of IT Professionals have been keeping an eye since release of their v1.0 Appliance back in May. Their industry DNA is extremely impressive and with an equally impressive technical team they are set to shake up the B&R industry. I was thoroughly impressed with the Virtualization Field Day presentation (and the Chris Wahl coup) so it’s no surprise that they have come out big before VMworld 2015 with the release of v2.0 of their Converged Data Management Platform as well as unleashing a new Hybrid Cloud Appliance.
I’m looking forward to diving a little more into what Rubrik has to offer and get my hands dirty with some hands on experience…also looking forward to catching up with Rubrik at VMworld.
Rubrik Converged Data Management introduced the industry’s first data protection and instant recovery, while eliminating backup software. The release of version 2.0 packs replication and disaster recovery into the same, scale-out fabric.
- Unlimited, non-disruptive replication – Asynchronous, deduplicated, WAN efficient, multi-way, and master-master native replication with zero impact on production.
- Integrated policy engine – Complete data protection, including off-site replication and cloud archival, by selecting desired RPOs and retention within a single integrated policy engine.
- Disaster recovery with near-zero RTO and elastic RPO – Failover and failback with complete data management among multiple sites. Mount your data directly on Rubrik for instant off-site recovery.
- Compliance-readiness with action-oriented reporting – Replication policy compliance, including notifications on areas to troubleshoot. Rubrik r348 Hybrid Cloud Appliance
- Rubrik extends its r300 Series by introducing the r348 Hybrid Cloud Appliance, which is optimized for larger environments or those requiring longer data retention. The r348 is a 2U unit with four x86 nodes that protects up to 300+ TB of data and comes pre-configured with Rubrik
Ohh, if you want a chance at winning the Lego shown in the picture below, make sure you attend Chris’s session STO6287-SPO …I’m trying to work out how I’m going to fit all that in the suitcase 🙂