Veeam Vault #6: Pre VeeamON 2017 Edition! New Logo, Update 2, VAW and Vanguard Roundup
In this Veeam Vault I am going to round up some of the blogging content around VeeamON 2017, briefly talk about Backup & Replication 9.5 Update, the RTM of the Agent for Microsoft Windows and finish with a Veeam Vanguard Blog Post roundup since the last Veeam Vault edition.
For those attending VeeamON next week, see you there!
Update 2 and Agent for Windows:
A couple of weeks ago we released RTM builds of Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 as well as Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. GA isn’t far away so if you are a Veeam Cloud and Service Provider and haven’t upgraded to the RTM build yet you are probably behind the eight ball in terms of being in a position to support VAW for when it does GA. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows represents a massive opportunity for our VCSPs to tap into a market that was previously not accessible…this being, physical severs and workstations, workstation endpoints and more significantly cloud based Windows instances…all of which can now be backed up to Cloud Connect Repositories.
VeeamOn 2017 Blog Roundup and Mobile App:
A number of my team mates have written veeam.com blog posts about what to expect at VeeamOn this year and they are well worth a read. I, myself wrote a post last week where I listed my top sessions for 2017. Check out the posts below to get even more info on happenings at VeeamON.
Speaking of sessions and session registration, if you haven’t downloaded the VeeamON app for IOS or Android, scan the QR codes below or search for VeeamON in the App Stores:
Veeam Vanguard Blog Post Roundup:
- Andreas Lesslhumer – VeeamON 2017, New Orleans – be prepared
- Craig Dalrymple – Veeam SuperEdit
- Didier Van Hoye – Continuous available general purpose file shares & ReFSv3 provide high available backup targets
- Ian Sanderson – Veeam Remote Access – Not just for service providers…
- Ian Sanderson – How to explain Veeam Availability to your Granny
- Luke Brown – Data Sovereignty, Data Locality, is it important to stay local?
- Luke Brown – Whats the Cost of Not Doing DR
- VMGuru – VeeamON 2017 – the best conference this year of virtualization. Come – let’s meet!
- Vladen Seget – Windows 10 with ReFS For Veeam Backup Repository
- Yukinobu Asami – Backup & Replication v9 vs VMware vSphere Data Proteciton (VDP) 6.1